Self catering guest houses and homestays in Thailand
Thailand is rightly called the ‘Land of Smiles’ because the people are always happy. This makes it a very important tourist destination. You can stay in a self catering villa or home stay while on vacation. Bangkok is capital city of Thailand.
There are so many benefits to staying in a self catering villa because when you are staying with your host there is an interchange of cultures. Your host will be able to learn about your culture and you will be able to grasp the culture of the land you are visiting. And that’s what makes a complete vacation.
There are so many rules about behaving in a public place when you are staying in Thailand. Your host in the homestay or guest house will brief you on all those rules. It is true that Thai people are extremely friendly and they love having guests, but you’ve got to follow the rules. There are so many ‘innocent’ gestures that may be considered as serious offense while in Thailand. It is not possible to memorize them all when you go to Thailand. If you have someone to guide you all the time then understanding the culture of Thailand becomes an easy affair. You will not get this privilege while staying in a hotel. Learn to live like a Thai while in Thailand. To absorb the culture of the land, you have to stay in a self-catering villa.
Things to do in Thailand on homestay holiday
There are so many things to do while visiting Thailand. You can start yours by going for a village tour; it will let you get a taste of the real Thai culture and its immediate surroundings. You can visit the massive handcrafted White Temple for which Thai is famous for. You can visit the other temples to know more the city and to know what makes Thailand tick. Whether you have the time for it or not you must visit the Golden Triangle to see the confluence of three countries – Thailand, Myanmar and Laos. You can actually cross the borders to do some shopping if you want!
Thailand is also called the land of wonders and magic and to know more about it you have to go on cultural tours that will let you grasp the unique political, socio-economic condition of the state.
Thai cuisine is something you must experience. Their food is so different and fresh that you can eat interesting meals 3 or 4 times a day. Their recipes are infused with fresh vegetables and spices which makes them very palatable.
Top 10 places to visit in Thailand from guest house
- Wat Chaiwatthanaram – Actually a temple fashioned in the Angkor temple model. Built by King Prasat Thong in 1630 to honour his mother.
- Koh Chang – A superb island with spectacular beaches. It is the busiest island in Thailand. Rainforests, steep hills, waterfalls – you have it all.
- Pattaya Elephant Village – Watch the big tuskers and spend a day with them understanding their behaviour.
- The Ripley’s Believe It or Not Auditorium – Stories about different oddities from all over the world are recorded here.
- Chiang Mai – A town that is about 740 years old. The oldest Thai temple is situated on a small hilltop here.
- Ko Samui – Is where backpackers have a gala time. Third largest island in Thailand.
- Hua Hin – Coastal town, very popular for its multitudes of resorts.
- Phuket – Ideal for family tours because kids have lots of activities to do. You can even go for snorkelling at Phuket. And there is a mini-golf course too.
- Bangtao Beach – Another family tourist destination, famous for rock climbing and kayaking.
- Hin Daeng – People interested in scuba diving make a beeline to this destination. Barracuda, whale shark and manta ray are common sights here.
Best time to travel to Thailand
Thailand is one tourist destination that welcomes tourists every time. Generally people who come here wish to spend their time doing all sorts of water sports and many come here to just lie in the beach. If you have beach in mind then avoid it during the rain, mainly June-October period. And summers can be hot and humid. And when it is hot, you can expect the temperature to reach mid-90 or even higher. It takes a long time for the daytime heat to cool down.
Generally, the period from November to March is a good time to visit Thailand. The beauty of Thailand can never be marred, not even by the pouring rains. If you want to see Phuket at its best form you can make it during the December - January period. On the other hand, Hua hin is great during August to October months. November - April period will be ideal for Railay Beach. Ko Samui will give you its best self during December - April months.