Self catering guest houses and homestays in Pattaya
Pattaya, located on the extreme north-east coast of Thailand; it is an stunning location filled with a number of attractive destinations. It is quite near to Bangkok and played an important role during the world wars. It is unbelievably beautiful because the place is surrounded by 30 islands and this contributes to the heavy influx of tourists all year round. People come here to relax, enjoy and partake in the numerous festivals.
The exotic beaches with their wide expansive coastline and milk white beaches are a major attraction in Pattaya. And to explore the true beauty of the place you can choose a water-front property. There are numerous self catering guest houses and homestays in Pattaya that you will definitely get a peaceful and secluded spot to have a unique vacation. Since there are so many things that you can do in Pattaya, staying in a self-catering villa will save you a lot of money. You can use this saved money to have more fun in Pattaya. All the guest houses are well-maintained and incorporated with modern facilities and amenities. You can cook your own food, buy fresh fish and vegetables from the market and make sure everyone in the family gets nutritious food.
Things to do in Pattaya
Pattaya is infused with activities, activities and more activities that you will find hours swinging by when you start sight seeing. A number attractive destinations await the ardent tourist. However you have to slow your pace a bit and catch your breath if you are looking for a relaxed vacation. There are a number of sports and water based sports in Pattaya, that you will be thrilled to follow your own pursuit. People go for motor racing, horse riding, tennis, shooting, boxing and golfing in Pattaya. The water sports include water skiing, wind surfing, snorkeling and wind surfing.
The music clubs and theatres play a major role in attracting foreign tourists. Every week interesting and spectacular performances take place and big names in the industry participate in them. They are a major source of entertainment for the quiet and artistic ones. Cinema is another mode of entertainment in Pattaya and you will get to see several short and meaningful movies that will certainly delight you. If you are a wildlife and nature lover you can take off to visit the open zoo and the tropical botanical garden.
Top 10 places to visit in Pattaya
Elephant Village – Enjoy a thrilling elephant ride and trek through the jungles. It is so exciting and inspiring.
- Ko Lan – Also called the Coral Island you can enjoy all the water sports you have been yearning to experience all this while. The island is actually a conglomeration of three islands.
- Nooch Nooch Tropical Garden – A splendid garden with waterfalls, a huge collection of rare and tropical plants, elephant shows and other cultural extravaganzas.
- Mini Siam – You get a glimpse of the old Thailand in this place located not far from the current city. Miniature forms of all important buildings are on display here.
- Sri Racha Tiger Zoo – Do you enjoy seeing tigers, elephants and pigs at close range? Then you will definitely see them here.
- Saithip Butterfly Gardens – Pattaya has the largest butterfly garden in whole of Asia. It is just 10 kilometers from the highway. Inhabits an orchid farm and bee museum.
- Sanctuary of Truth – It looks like some sort of a palace, but is actually a building that inhabits the perfect amalgamation of different religions, culture and art forms.
- Underwater World Pattaya – The biggest aquarium in Asia; so big that it is divided into three different zones.
- Khao Pattaya View Point – Offers the most spectacular views of the city.
- Wat Yansangwararam – A famous Buddha park housing a huge Buddha statue. Known for its unique architecture and meditation sessions.
Best time to travel to Pattaya
Planning a visit to Pattaya is made fruitful only when you take into account the climatic conditions prevalent in the country. Nobody can say that you should visit Pattaya only during certain months in a year, but in order to make it your best visit ever you can consider traveling during the November-March period. It is winter from December to February. The climate is very pleasant during this period and you can enjoy all the activities too.
If you are aiming to sport the most gorgeous sun tan of all then you can visit it during the summer period; the March to May period. The sun could get a bit harsh, so don't sleep off in your lounge. If you come during the rainy season (May to October period) you may not be able to enjoy all the activities, especially the island visits, which will have to be postponed. However, it doesn't rain copiously in Pattaya, only in short bursts and spurts, but it might still dampen your plans.