Self catering guest houses and homestays in Seychelles
The islands in Seychelles offer you the most exotic vacations of a lifetime. Consisting of an archipelago of about 115 islands, Seychelles is a very famous tourist destination and people come by the thousands, mainly because of the activities offered here. To make your vacation an unforgettable experience you must stay in a self-catering guest house because it will let you absorb the culture prevalent in the area. The biggest advantage of staying in a self-catering apartment or homestay is that you get to plan your own iterinary. On the other hand, if you stay in a hotel you get the advantage of going for chartered tours, but then you will not get the time to absorb the true beauty of the place. The adventurous kind chart their own plan, cook their own meals and embark on adventures they will remember forever. Mahe and Praslin are two of the biggest islands in Seychelles and you will find a number of self-catering opportunities there. Most of them offer lovely views of the bay and the ocean. It is a much affordable option too, so even if you plan to extend your vacation, you don’t have to worry about rising hotel bills. An extended stay will let you know more about the local people there, their customs and their beliefs.
Things to do in Seychelles
Seychelles spells a number of activities for the ardent tourist. It has an active nightlife and you can visit the theatres, cinemas or discos. There are casinos for people interested in small time gambling. The restaurants in Seychelles are definitely worth mentioning. There are hotels that deliver exclusive Indian, Chinese, African and European cuisine. You can visit the restaurants to enjoy the differing cuisine each night.
If you love water sports then there is no dearth of them at Seychelles. The islands offer unique fishing, sailing, surfing, snorkelling, scuba diving and wind surfing opportunities. There are numerous opportunities for land sports too. Experience the beauty of the Seychelles by going for horse riding. Enjoy the stunning beauty of Seychelles when you play golf or tennis. There are trekking tours and nature walks that allow you to absorb the various flora and fauna. Cycling and biking trips are also arranged along the trails that connect the islands.
Bird watching and shopping are other major activities of people visiting Seychelles. These islands are homes to some of the rarest and endemic birds in the whole world.
If you are planning to relax and take it easy, then you can visit Anse Lazio in the Praslin Island. It is a picturesque, exotic beach with takamaka trees and palms. Granite boulders mark the boundaries of the beach.
Top 10 places to visit in Seychelles
- Inner Islands of Seychelles – Mahi, Praslin and La Dingue are inner islands. There are 43 of them. Mahi is the biggest island and the most populated island while Praslin is the second biggest.
- La Digue Island – Is especially noted for its pristine beaches
- Outer Islands of Seychelles – Only five islands form the outer islands - Alphonse and Desroches are the noted ones.
- Bird Island – Located in the northernmost part of Seychelles. Enjoy the wide and expansive coral cay. The island is famous for its sea cows.
- Aldabra Island –One of the thriving colonies in Seychelles. Enjoy water sports and marvel at the rich marine life.
- Silhouette Island – Another major island of picturesque natural beauty and filled with endemic flora and fauna.
- Cerf Island – Ideal for swimming and snorkelling.
- Marine National Park – Quite near the capital of Seychelles, Victoria. It is made of 6 small islands
- Anse Lazio – When you visit Praslin, head for the most exquisite beach in the country.
- Cousin Island – Famous for its bird population. Enjoy the numerous birds nesting on every branch in sight.
Best time to travel to Seychelles
People are attracted by the sheer beauty of the granite and coral islands of Seychelles. The natural, breathtaking beauty of the place and the endemic flora and fauna interest nature lovers and they will want to go for treks, hikes and walks. But to enjoy nature walks you need to go during a specific period; the period from May to September. If you are lucky you can see some animals too. On the other hand, if you are particular about fishing then you must come during the October-April period. You can enjoy your own private spot for fishing. If you are looking to spend time bird watching during the breeding season and to learn about how they make nests for their family, you must come during April. It is the breeding period for the birds. On the other hand, if you want to visit the migrating birds, come in October. So before you plan on a Seychelles vacation, find out what all you want to see there.