Self catering guest houses and homestays in Mauritius
Mauritius, a beautiful island that will hold you deeply enchanted by its mesmerizing spell is actually a part of Africa. It is a land of diverse cultures and you will see the Hindus, Chinese, Muslims, Europeans and Creoles living in total harmony, peace and love. If you are thinking of vacationing in Mauritius you are in for a good time because everything is so lovely and peaceful. It is worth travelling half the globe just to be in this island.
Delightful self catering villas are available in Mauritius. A typical apartment will be equipped with a private pool, your own private access to the beach, a spacious veranda through which you can enjoy stunning views of the beach, living room, dining room, kitchenette, private balcony and barbeque facilities. The kitchenette will have all the modern cooking accessories and equipment to help you whip up delicious recipes. The apartment will be furnished with all the basic amenities like air conditioning, television, refrigerator, microwave, washing machine, and four-ring cooking hobs. You can choose homestays that will let you be in the centre of where things happen so you don't have to travel far when you want to go shopping or dining. Apart from that you can go for scuba diving, fishing, swimming, sailing, hiking and even walking tours.
Things to do in Mauritius
There wont be a single person who will not be besotted by the charming beauty of this spectacular island and mere words will not be enough to describe what you can actually experience here. Sure you can expect the island to be replete with spectacular beaches and devastatingly beautiful coastline, but then there are plenty of other things to enjoy too. And if you are planning to have a family vacation, complete with kids and all, then they are going to have a great time interacting with the tortoises, deers and lionesses.
To understand the biodiversity of the island you must visit the Pamplemousses Botanical Garden. You can see a lot of rare plant species, watch wild animals living peacefully, actually happy to be around humans who don't harm them. Next, you can go for souvenir hunting in Mauritius, so when you boast about the beautiful island to your friends, you have something to show them too. Plenty of local souvenirs are available for sale. Apart from these places, there are more than 80 things that you can do in Mauritius including water sports, outdoor activities and deer hunting.
Top 10 places to visit in Mauritius
Mauritius is a pearl set in the beautiful expanse of a sapphire blue Indian Ocean. There are plenty of places to visit in the island. Here are a few of them.
- Port Louis – Several colonial buildings can be seen in this main harbour of Mauritius. There is French signature in all the buildings in the area.
- The Black River Gorges National Park – Enjoy 6,574 hectares of indigenous plant and animal life. The panoramic views will bring you closer to nature.
- Domaine Les Pailles – Enjoy this natural reservoir set against 1,500 hectares of snow-capped mystical mountains.
- Mahebourg – Historically very important as the bay stood a mute witness while playing the role of a naval base for the fierce battle between English and French in 1810.
- Curepipe – You can not only see the most beautiful views of the island but you can also plunge in serious shopping expeditions.
- Souillac – Dangerously steep cliffs are the major highlight of this fishing villa. You experience a powerful breeze here as opposed to the north.
- Le Val – A natural park, small but filled with fish, monkeys, deers, rare plants and trees.
- Light House of Albion – The white sandy beach of the Albion city holds a certain charisma for tourists.
- Trou Aux Cerfs – A massive volcanic crater can be seen here; also offers gorgeous views of the island.
- Ile Aux Cerfs – A pretty offshore island that is the perfect replica of heaven. It has turquoise blue waters, rich palm trees and white sandy beaches.
Best time to travel to Mauritius
A visit to Mauritius will give you a totally different opinion of life in general. Everything looks so peaceful, calm and pristine in this island that you will not even feel like going back home. Mauritius experiences a totally different climate as it is in the southern hemisphere. So it means when you have summer in Europe, it will be winter in Mauritius and vice versa. You can visit the island any time you want because they don't have any extremities in climate. However, if you are looking for the best time to visit here then you can come in April - June period or in the September - December period.
If you want to get the best of summer then you can come during the November - April time. It will let you have a wonderful day at the beach and you can go for hiking and trekking activities. Unforgettable sea trips are also arranged and scuba diving and deep sea fishing are allowed. If you are looking forward to surf then the ideal time will be in June - August period.